OXFORD, CT – At approximately 7:44pm on February 3, 2023, the Oxford Fire Department was dispatched to Jensen Farm Road for the reported house fire. First companies arriving on scene found a raging wind-driven fire in a large two-story private dwelling. Members dealt with temps in the single digits (6 degrees F and much lower with wind chill), causing frozen hydrants and massive water supply issues, as well as a heavy wind that just compounded the night’s difficulties. The fire escalated to a 2nd alarm which brought multiple mutual aid departments to the scene as well as for station coverage during the incident. The family of four that resides at this structure was not at home at the time of the fire.
Union, CT had this 2-alarm fire at 356 Stickney Hill Rd on 12/14/20 at 12:23. Union is the smallest town in Connecticut with a population of about 850 people. They get maybe one working fire a decade. This fire had mutual aid from both Conn. and Mass. departments as it was very near the state line. Patrick Dooley
Andover, CT had this 2-Alarm house fire with special calls for additional tankers on 9/20/20 at 07:06. Companies arrived at 281 Gilead St to a well-involved house. All occupants made it out safely.
more photos HERE
more photos at Chicagoareafire.com
Colleton County (SC) Fire-Rescue units were sent to 304 Carolina Circle north of Walterboro, Wednesday morning 16-November at 03:02. Engine 19 arrived to find a single-story residential dwelling with flames visible from the roof. All occupants had safely exited the structure. Firefighter-Paramedics deployed multiple handlines to combat the fire which was burning throughout the attic. Crews pulled the ceilings in several rooms to reach the flames. It appeared the fire originated in the chimney and spread to the attic. The electrical service line burned through and fell from the home. When the power went off, the occupants were awakened and discovered the fire which had already burned through a portion of the roof and they alerted 9-1-1.
Firefighters worked for about 20 minutes to bring the fire under control, but were on the scene for three hours. Most of the fire damage was contained to the attic and roof, however the remainder of the home suffered water and smoke damage. Many personal items were saved. Water supply was handled with Tenders.
Engine 19, Engine 26, Tender 1, Tender 5, Tender 19, Tender 26, Medic 1, Medic 19, Medic 26, Battalion 1, Car 12, Car 107, Car 110 and Car 118 responded. Battalion Chief Scott O’Quinn served as Incident Commander.
Barry W. McRoy, Fire Chief, Colleton County Fire-Rescue
Last Saturday morning just after 7 AM, Youngsville North Carolina firefighter Terry Perry was pulling up to his friend’s house on Waiters Way in Youngsville, bringing him a bit of breakfast. Terry was just doing a nice thing for his friend Ransom Bennett who lives there. But it turns out he was about to trade in a nice gesture into saving the life of his friend.
Terry was bringing his friend a bite to eat since Ransom has had a difficult time getting around after an accident a number of months ago. Ransom recently returned home after several months in rehab following the accident. When Terry pulled up this morning the front yard was full of smoke. “I thought someone was burning leaves,” Ransom said.
But it turns out it wasn’t leaves burning, it was his house. Terry Perry leapt into firefighter mode, went into the home, and helped his handicapped friend out of the burning home while sustaining some burn injuries along the way.
Ransom reported Terry had burned his arm helping him out of the fire. Terry was taken to the hospital by Youngsville Rescue & EMS. There is no word on his condition. Jessica Perry later reported he had sustained burns on his arms and legs. We can only imagine what would have happened to Ransom Bennett if his friend Terry Perry had not arrived when he did.
Firefighters from Youngsville, Franklinton, and Mitchiner’s Crossroads descended onto the court. Wake Forest had been called in as well. Youngsville Fire Chief Tommie Lloyd and Assistant Chief David Williams were on the scene and managing operations as the fire was successfully brought under control and extinguished.
The homeowner, Ransom Bennett, said he believes the fire began in an area where the electric water heater and fuse box were located.
While it is tragic that the event happened, members of local fire departments, Franklin Sheriff’s office, and Youngsville Rescue & EMS came together to save a life and extinguish a fire. Heroes all.
Here are some shots I took at a structure fire at 23737 W Milton Rd in Wauconda Friday afternoon. Sincerely,
More photos are at chicagoareafire.com